7 SYMPTOMS OF “SICK” RELATIONSHIPS
Why do relationships break up?
There are as many reasons as there are relationships!
But you don’t have to wait for the tears, the heartbreaks and the broken promises. There are actually symptoms which tell you that your relationship is not doing too well and if care is not taken, it will soon be history.
Here are 7 symptoms of “sick” relationships:-
- When jealousy shows up and every action and motive is questioned by one partner, the relationship is doomed.
- When two people begin to grow apart and they begin to develop interests in activities or lifestyles that are not mutually attractive, the relationship begins to die.
- While it is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder if one of the couple has to leave town for an indefinite or long time, absence can also kill a relationship. Most of the time, if someone charming within the locality steps into the picture, well the long distance relationship is as good as dead!
- When one partner feels they are giving all they can give and the other partner feels they are not getting enough, someone is likely to give up on the relationship.
- When a relationship is all about sex, sooner or later someone is going to move on to greater challenges (other women or other men)
- Where there is no trust, respect and true friendship, relationships cannot stand the test of time!
- Where one partner is clingy and doesn’t allow the other to have some space and be an individual, sooner or later that partner is going to feel crowded and soon they’ll take off.
THE POINT THEN IS, IF YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS SUFFERING ANY OF THE SYMPTOMS DESCRIBED ABOVE, IT’S TIME TO DO SOMETHING FAST IF YOU DON’T WANT THE RELATIONSHIP TO BECOME HISTORY.